Ella, as the community center is affectionately called, is housed in what used to be Ralph Waldo Emerson Junior High School, which was closed as a school in the mid 1960's. The main building dates back to 1921 and is located in the middle of the Dignowity Hill Historic District. The building is a historic preservation project waiting to happen. The structure, while in relative good shape, is in need of on going maintenance. The exterior of the main building still retains much of it's architectural interest with it's oversize windows and doors. Over the years much of the interior space and old classrooms have been carved out for office space, conference rooms and space for programs such as the day care and after school program.
|Ralph Waldo Emerson Inscription|
|Gated Entrance to Ella|
|Entrance to Auditorium off of Pine Street|
|Auditorium Seating and Windows|
|Stairway to Balcony|
|Old Wooden Seats|