Photo Credit and Photo Copyright

The photographs of San Antonio and Dignowity Hill used within this blog are the property of Juan A Garcia East Light Images. All rights are reserved to the owner. Copy and use of these pictures is forbidden without written permission. Contact Juan at jagarciatx@gmail.com for permission.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Next Phase

As I write this it's been over a month sine that I left my corporate job in healthcare.  I had been mulling about making a change since the end of 2011 but for a number of reasons I had put off taking step in into "retirement".  In November of last year I hit the big Six O. That milestone got me thinking that perhaps the time was right to start transitioning to the next phase. I have worked in some capacity in healthcare for close to 40 years. I felt ready to move on but not necessarily ready to retire. You see I'm not a retirement kind of guy. I have always resisted the notion that I would someday just stop working and live my days out in relative leisure.  So part of my inner struggle was answering the question: what will the next act to look like?
One thing is for sure whatever the next phase looks like it will not include working for a large corporation. The next act will be directed by me as much as possible, it will be community minded,
it will include pursuing and exploring the creative/artistic element that's in all of us, it will include being entrepreneurial, it will include more time with family,friends and our dogs, and most importantly it will not be "retirement"!

Our Family


 Jennifer, Barb and Me


Monica,Ronnie, Ryan and Alyssa



No comments: